Moving is stressful enough. The last thing you need to add to the list is movers who don’t show up on time. But if this happens to you, there are a few options to take before you panic.
What to Do When Movers In Maple Ridge Are Late For A Pick Up
- Make a phone call. Keep in mind that there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why the movers are late. To find out if there is a reason for the lateness, the very first thing you should do is pick up the phone and call them. Call the number you were given (please tell me you were given an office number) or the number on your contract. Try to get a specific answer and a revised timeframe. Believe it or not, getting a hold of the office and getting an answer is good news!
What’s worse is being unable to reach your movers. If you can’t reach them, even after searching for and trying alternate phone numbers, get a Plan B started. Depending on whether or not you must move that day or can wait a few days, Plan B typically involves finding another moving company ASAP.
- Find new movers. Same day movers are a blessing for those who’ve been left stranded high and dry by movers who don’t show. These services exist to help you in emergency situations like this so don’t worry about not being able to find someone to help you on short notice. Short notice is what they do!
Use Your Wait Time Wisely
Rather than sit around and worry until the new movers show up, use the time to make sure everything is ready to go as best as it can be to make up for lost time. Use the time to:
- Disassemble large furniture.
- Make sure everything is packed properly.
- All boxes are labeled with the room they go in, contents, and special handling instructions like FRAGILE or THIS WAY UP.
- Valuables are safe, ideally prepped to be moved by your hands only in your own personal vehicle.
- You have an essentials box packed and ready for use.
For guarantee on-time service, contact Mountain Movers in Vancouver. Our professional teams deliver on time, every time for large and small moves. Contact us at 778-378-6683 to obtain a quote.
“Punctual, friendly, hardworking and very reasonably priced”
“Had a great experience. On time, courteous and efficient”
“Mountain Movers gave us a precise estimate as well as a professional and courteous service”
You don’t move every day. Some of us don’t even move every month, year or decade. That makes it hard to know which Vancouver moving companies are reliable and which are not. Fortunately, we’ve got a cheat sheet here that you can use to help find a reliable moving company.
10 Questions To Ask A Moving Company Before Hiring
Movers are like any other business; there are great companies that will make your move smooth and simple and there are rogue operators who are only out for your money. Many people start off asking family and friends for recommendations. This is a great starting point but don’t leave it at that. Even after you get glowing referrals from people you know, take some time to do some research on the movers yourself. Interview potential movers and ask these questions:
- How do your quotes work? Are they an estimate? Do they include a not-to-exceed price? Are all fees included?
- Do you have employees or use subcontractors? You’ll likely have less of a problem if a difficulty does arise with companies that use employees vs. subcontractors.
- How long have you been in business? Be wary of companies that have been in business less than a year or don’t have a permanent address.
- Do you have your own trucks and equipment? If not, find out who is providing the equipment and do your research on them too.
- Do you have insurance? Ask for their insurers name and their policy number. Be sure they have Worker’s Compensation insurance too or you could be held liable for any injuries the workers suffer during your move.
- What are my insurance terms? You can purchase insurance to cover items that are lost or damaged during the move. Find out if it provides full coverage or just covers a portion of the value of the item.
- Does your company abide by the terms of the Good Practice Guidelines for Canadian Movers?
- Who provides services at the end of the move (this is most applicable to long distance moves)? Is it the same company, an affiliate, or someone else?
- If a storage facility is needed, whose will be used? The moving company’s or a third party’s? How will your possessions be secured?
- How far in advance do I need to book? Movers can get busy and may recommend you book early, but don’t feel pressured to sign on the spot.
Reliable Vancouver Moving Companies Should Have No Problem Answering Your Questions
Reliable moving services won’t flinch at these questions and will even address some of them without you asking. Remember, you are going to be paying a lot of money and entrusting nearly all of your possessions to this company. You have every right to do your research and ask questions until you are satisfied you’re making the right choice.
For reliable moving services in the Vancouver area, contact Mountain Movers at 778-378-6683 or request a quote online.