- Plan to spend the entire day at your house with the movers. Do not leave until the movers have finished loading and departed.
- Do a final check to see that everything has been loaded.
- Give directions for your new address to the driver as well as contact numbers to reach you prior to delivery.
- Lock all doors and windows and leave your keys with the appropriate parties.
- Meet movers at your new address and assist them with supervising the move in.
- Place manuals and instructions in clear view for new occupants of your current home.
- Plan temporary care of small children during the move.
- Arrange luggage for necessity items needed during the move so they aren’t accidentally packed in the truck.
- Arrange to have utilities turn on at new home.
- Defrost refrigerator/freezer 24 hours prior to the move
- Double check details with the moving company and verify which form of payment is preferable.
- Begin major packing now.
- Ensure automobiles are in good repair so as to avoid any surprises around moving time.
- Arrange use of elevators with building management if moving to or from an apartment.
- Schedule disconnection of appliances for the day before your move, or the moving day itself.
- Take care of loose ends, ie: dry cleaning, last minute banking, anything that reduces stress and clears your mind for moving day.
“Fast and cheerful, friendly and eager to please”
“So impressed with this company”
“Everything went smoothly and I would definitely recommend mountain movers for your move”
Special attention is required for your sensitive electronic items. If possible pack them in the original box they came in if you managed to hold on to them as they are the perfect fit.
Books can become incredibly heavy when too many are packed in one large box. Better to use several smaller boxes and avoid the strain.
Use newspaper to pack your fragile items and protect them from possible damage. No need to purchase products like bubble wrap or Styrofoam, besides newsprint can crumple to the shape required and is recyclable.